2024 World Credit Union Conference – Registration Terms & Conditions
Attendee Registration (“Attendee” refers to those who registered with the Member - World Council, CUNA or NAFCU, Non-Member, Speaker or Industry Partner registration types, or is a registered “Guest” of one of the above registration types)
- Registrations cancelled on or before 14 June 2024 are subject to a $100 USD cancellation fee. Registration fees are non-refundable after 14 June 2024. Cancellations and refund requests must be requested in writing to Kassandra Schroeder, at email@example.com. Refunds are not provided for attendees who do not attend the conference.
- Attendees who apply for a visa by April 12, 2024 and whose applications are denied or not received in time to travel to the event, are an exception to the above cancellation policy and are eligible for a refund of conference registration fees. To receive a refund, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of receiving the application denial, and no later than 31 August 2024 with your reason for cancellation. No refunds will be issued after this date.
- Fees paid for additional activities such as Day Tours, Credit Union Visits, etc. are not included in this exception; refunds for these activities are subject to deadlines as outlined in section 4.
- Substitutions are accepted at any time prior to the start of the program at no additional cost. It is highly recommended that any substitutions are completed by 5 July 2024 to ensure that conference credentials are ready upon start of the conference.
- Please visit our hotel accommodations page to view specific terms and conditions that apply to your hotel. Cancellation of hotel reservations is the responsibility of the participant.
- Credit Union Visits, Dinner with Strangers
- If cancelled on or before 14 June 2024, a full refund will be provided.
- If cancelled after 14 June 2024 no refund will be provided.
- No refunds will be granted for no-shows.
- Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions, WYCUP and Global Women’s Leadership Network Activities
- No refunds are provided. However, the registration fee is considered a U.S. tax-deductible donation.
- Substitutions are permitted. Contact email@example.com no later than 5 July 2024.
- COVID-19 Assumption of Risk: Attendees to the 2024 World Credit Union Conference to be held in Boston, USA acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. Attendees assume all of the foregoing risks (whether COVID-19 related or other) and accept sole responsibility for any injury while in attendance (including, but not limited to, sickness, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that they may experience or incur in connection with having an event during this time. By registering for the event attendees release, covenants not to sue, discharge, and holds harmless World Council and CUNA, their employees, contractors, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
- World Council of Credit Unions and CUNA do not accept or condone any individual attendees traveling with active symptoms of COVID-19, or a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19. If an attendee believes they may have COVID-19 or are experiencing any symptoms, World Council and CUNA strongly encourage testing before travel and/or before attending the conference. According to the CDC, active symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion or rhinorrhea, vomiting or diarrhea, and skin rashes. Any attendee with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 will not be permitted to participate in the conference. Should an attendee feel unwell or exhibit any of the aforementioned symptoms but test negative for COVID-19, World Council and CUNA still request the attendee not participate in the conference. Please email Kassandra Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org with any illness related issues to discuss a refund.
- Attendees are eligible for full refunds to conference registration fees on or before 14 June 2024 if they cannot or choose not to comply with the COVID-19 guidelines in place for the event at that time.
- Should an attendee test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks prior to arrival for the conference, please contact Kassandra Schroeder at email@example.com for a full refund. Refunds will be processed following the event.
- All participants (“participant” refers to all who participate in the conference, which includes but is not limited to Attendees, Guests, Speakers, and Exhibitors) are strongly advised to secure travel insurance for the conference and any additional conference related activities they are involved in – i.e. – day tours, etc. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the participants and World Council and CUNA cannot guarantee refunds after the cancellation deadline for cases of flight cancellations, etc.
- The organizer reserves the right to alter any of the arrangements for conference and conference related activities, including cancellation of the event should unforeseen circumstances require such action. The organizers accept no responsibility for resulting costs and inconveniences to conference participants.
- By submitting your credit card, you are authorizing World Council of Credit Unions or CUNA to charge your credit card the total amount due and you acknowledge that there are no refunds after 14 June 2024. World Council and CUNA reserves the right to charge the correct amount if it is different from the total due listed at the end of the registration process or the total amount charged after registration is submitted. Payment for total registration amount is due within 10 business days of your processed registration. If payment is not received your registration will be cancelled. We reserve the right to cancel your registration, any housing or other affiliated registrations (i.e. tours, guest(s), etc.).
- World Council and CUNA will take photographs/videos at all activities and education sessions during the conference. By participating in the 2024 World Credit Union Conference and/or other activities, you grant World Council and CUNA the right to use your name, photograph and biography for such purposes including, but not limited to, posting or publishing on news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including World Council and/or CUNA’s websites. All pictures become the property of World Council and CUNA. Pictures may be displayed, distributed and used by CUNA and World Council for any purpose.
- Participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless World Council and CUNA, their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands or liabilities of whatsoever kind and nature, including judgments, interest, attorney’s fees, other costs, fees, expenses and charges which World Council and CUNA, their offices, directors, employees and agents may incur that arise out of the negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct of the participant.
- Participant, CUNA and World Council agree that that these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin and the United States of America, including the Federal Arbitration Act, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Participant, CUNA and World Council further agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules.